Since 1979, we’ve been creating stunning and communicative print design, and it remains a passion. We are experts in all aspects of print design and production. You can be certain that any print project we create will progress smoothly and be printed with no hassle.
We create custom photography and illustration in-house to support our print and web projects. Our packaging designs have appeared in stores across the nation.
Concept & Design was the first in the area to employ computerization in the production of print materials. Today, we still employ the most modern methods in print production, and continue to follow trends in production technology including direct-to-plate printing and short run, variable data digital printing.
Our workflow for print projects has changed to meet the needs of today’s multi-use environment:
- Original photo files are archived as layered Adobe RBG-tagged images, ideal for print, and suitable for the web with color profile conversion.
- Output photo files are resized and sharpened to optimize offest printing quality.
- Print projects are sent to printers as print-ready PDF files from an RGB workflow, using custom-made Acrobat job settings specific to each printer’s specifications.
- Typically we send PDF files to clients for proofing, unless a hard proof is requested or required.
- We have extensive experience creating files for special printing techniques such as spot varnishes, die cuts and scores, spot colors, etc.
More: Print Portfolio
Our two photographers create images on a nearly daily basis in support of various design projects, and have since the film era. Call on us for your commercial photography needs.
- We shoot RAW files for the best possible quality.
- RAW files are processed with color temperature and exposure correction.
- Expert retouching capabilities not available anywhere else in the area.
- Photos provided as s-RGB tagged TIF and JPG files for best overall color compatibility.
- Delivery of photos via optical disc or FTP.
- If you need a photo beyond the exposure, the quality of our PSD imagery is second-to-none. We start with color corrected RAW photo files and add vector clipping paths, transparent alpha channel drop shadows and even 3D rendered virtual components. Ask us about what we can create for you.
More: Photography Portfolio